Saturday, June 24, 2017

34 Days and Counting! (More Interviews)

Wow, has life gotten crazy! And as life has gotten more and more crazy, so, I feel, have I. It's just pretty unbelievable that my wedding is only 34 days away! Seriously, you wait your whole life for this one day, which is now only 34 days away, and it's over so quickly! It's kind of sad if you think about it...

Anyway... Here are some things that have been going on:

More Interviews...

Ok, so one more interview, but I'm pretty over this interview thing. I keep getting these calls from these schools for interviews, some aren't even applicable for me. I've gotten calls from elementary schools, though I'm looking for middle school (I like that age of kids, and less lesson planning when it's for just one subject), and the other week, I got a call from a high school! I'm only certified 1-8th, though I'm looking for middle school and have passed my middle grades social studies exam, so I'm certified for that. 

I started that conversation by telling the vice principal that I'm only certified for 1-8th--he said they could see about getting me certified if they hired me. I then told him about my 3 week wedding and honeymoon--he said that was important for him to know, but they were still interested in interviewing me if I was interested, so I said sure! I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I don't get the job? And if they do offer it to me, I can still decide if it's something that I want or not. I am interested in teaching high school potentially, so... 

I went down to the school, and it really is a beautiful school! It's all indoors, very big, and they even have a culinary school, where the students actually cater business meetings and even weddings! That's pretty cool! The vice principal was very nice, but the interview had the feel of one of my "no" interviews. I feel like the only interview that I've had that I have felt was super successful was the charter school, which just got back to me and told me they hired someone else, after they hired me and I told them about the wedding... This one felt, well, shorter, I guess, and the questions weren't as detailed.

The school was very far away (about fifty minutes), but I really liked the school. I left knowing I probably didn't get it, and I was fine with that (I'm still planning on being a substitute teacher next year anyway) but then I had this really confusing dream where I got the job, and everything was great, and I loved the school, and I woke up kind of feeling like "Awe..." 

Anyway, we're going to watch Alien 4 now, so I'm just going to conclude this post and post again soon about the wedding another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment