Sunday, June 11, 2017

Jennifer's Wedding 5/27/17

On Saturday, May 27th, 2017, my good friend from my NAU teaching cohort, Jennifer married her love, Anthony in beautiful Sedona. It was a beautiful wedding in a beautiful place, and unlike any wedding I had ever been to before! To start, it was exceedingly small--smallest wedding I'd ever been to. Less than twenty guests in attendance!

It was exciting to get to go to her bachelorette party! It was my first one I've ever been to, so that was exciting! Unfortunately, I was super late and only got to experience the end of it. We got to check out the ceremony site together, then we went back to her friend's room and watched some of Rent.

Jennifer had told me that it's a thing for her and her best friend, Cathy, to watch Rent before her wedding because they did that at Cathy's wedding, and they were going to do it at Jennifer's wedding. I had told Jennifer that she should really see the final Broadway filmed version, so I bought it for her and gave it to her that night. It worked out because she hadn't been able to find her copy, so we ended up watching that. :) Also, Jennifer and I had kind of been planning to put on our own production of Rent once upon a time. It's interesting watching Rent as an adult. I hadn't seen it in years, and when I was younger, I would always just sing along and rock out to all the songs, however upon watching it as a "grown up," I'm watching these people sing about how they're not going to pay rent, and my mind says "You're adults... just pay the freaking rent! That's what we do." :/ lol, so that was an interesting new perspective.

Me, Jennifer, and Cathy watching Rent the night before Jennifer gets married! 
The next morning, I went over and helped do hair for Jennifer and several of her friends--that was a lot of fun! We also danced around to music, including La Vie Boheme.

Jennifer looked like Snow White in her cape hiding out so Anthony didn't see her. :) 

The ceremony site. 

That was the table we all got to write on our cards what we loved most about the bride and groom.

The bride walks up.

The groom walks up.



They had a really cool tree planting ceremony--Jennifer collected soil from each of the guests in a pot for their tree. 

Anthony holds the tree ready for planting.

Then, they planted the tree together. :) 

They then put our cards in a special box, along with a love letter that they each wrote for each other to be opened on their one year anniversary, at which point they will include another letter to be opened the following year, and so on. It's a beautiful idea! I love it! 

Jennifer reads her vows for Anthony.

Anthony reads his vows for Jennifer.

He then surprises everyone--especially the bride, by bursting into song! It was wonderful! 

The exchanging of rings.


First kiss as husband & wife! 

Bride & Groom's first dance as husband and wife--their song: My Wish. 


I love the dip!



All the girls at the wedding.

"Ooo"ing and "Aw"ing over the ring.



The guys at the wedding.

Josh & I with the bride & groom.


There was a beautiful brunch reception after the wedding that was delicious, followed by chocolate lava cake. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! A different kind of wedding. I'm excited for yours!!!

    ReplyDelete