Friday, July 7, 2017

West Coast Bridal Shower, Wedding Photo Shoot, and 21 Days To Go!


Yesterday, I casually asked Josh if he wanted to postpone the wedding another year or two. He asked why I would want that, and the truth is, I'm running out of time to be excited about it. In a short amount of time, the whole experience that I've waited my whole life for will be over!

Here are some updates:

July 1st, West Coast Bridal Shower!

My cousin, Nadia, and my sister, Julie, came together to throw me a beautiful bridal shower! It was held at the house of my third grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, or as I am now transitioning to calling her, Vickie. :) It was so much fun! It was a beautiful shower and people really came together to make it special for me. I even had a few out of state friends in attendance! 

I was asked to wait in the room, while they set up the shower as a surprise. :) I got some time to read my autographed wedding present from one of my favorite authors, Meg Cabot! :) <3 

Mr. Turtle is an enormous tortoise who really stole the show at my shower! Everyone loved him! He was also the teeny tiny turtle who was my third grade class pet! Crazy world! 
Julie and I before the shower. Sister pic! 

Michael, Arlene, Nadia, Styles, and Lynessa.

Lyndrea, Lynae, Joy, Brianna, Cynthia, and Joanna

Dianna, Me, Susanna, and Aunt Amy
Julie and Nadia, the two shower hosts! 
Nadia hosted a bridal shower game that was a huge hit--Toilet Paper Bridal Gowns! Here, Lynae and Joanna make Michael into a beautiful bride! 

Everyone making up their bride!

Lyndrea and Lynessa dress up Susanna
Cynthia strutting her stuff for the judge!

The Brides! 


Here are the contestants walking the runway for our judge, Grandma! She had something fun to say about each one. :) 
Presents time! Emily gave us beautiful wine glasses that said "Prince Josh" and "Princess Tina"! 

Most of the people who came to the shower! :)
L-R, Back Row: Nadia, Arlene, Emily, Jennifer, Grandma, Joanna, Lynae, Lyndrea, Lynessa, Julie, Michael, Vickie
Front Row: Dianna, Linda, Me, Susanna, Brianna, Diana, Aunt Amy, and Cynthia

Nadine and I at the shower!
Diana and I went swimming--it was a Bridal Shower Pool Party!

My third grade teacher and I. <3 Though it's been years, we have remained friends. She hosted the bridal shower at her house! 

Wedding Photo Shoot

The day after the bridal shower, my amazing step-mom, Nga, paid for Josh and I to have a wedding photo shoot! Julie came along to help out and she took a few behind the scenes photos. It was a crazy day! These are just a few pics Julie took from the beach shoot, we also did a park shoot. 
It says: "Live Stream Josh and Tina's Disney Musical Wedding Extravaganza Saturday, July 29th, 2017, 6 pm PST on Tina's Instagram or Facebook:
Instagram: musicalgirl89
Facebook: Tina Elise
#RadDisneyWedding2017







Fun story about this shoot, as we were heading down to the beach, the lifeguard said that the tide is still pretty high and that we may want to wait another hour. We had paid a parking meter for two hours and we did not have a ton of time to wait left, so the photographer went down to investigate. He came back and told us that it would be ok, and we could get some great pictures, but that my dress would get wet. He seemed to be find with that. He worked for L'amai Bridal, the place that was renting us the outfits and put together the whole shoot. I expressed concern for the dress and he told me not to worry about it, that they would have the dress cleaned, and that it's not a big deal, so down we went. 

We started and got some really great shots up on some rocks. The bottom of the dress got a little wet, but I controlled my freak out and we carried on. Eventually, he asked Josh and I to go out and stand on a rock a bit out in the water, not too far, but enough that there was still water around the rock, especially when the waves came in. Out we went, and we took a few pictures, but then a fairly big wave came and hit us! I tried so hard to stay upright, but with the water lapping against us, it pulled me back and I fell. The dress was completely soaked and covered in sand. The lifeguard saw what was happening and came out to help rescue me, as did the photographer and Josh. Josh could not figure out why I wasn't standing up, "Another wave is coming..." he warned me. Well, that dress had so many layers, when I tried to stand, the layers were under my feet and I just couldn't. Eventually, they got me up and to shore. No more in the waves pictures, I guess. 

He took a few more pictures (he said he could edit out the sand on my dress), and we headed back. 

All this time, there were people around watching us, even taking pictures of us. One guy even asked if he could take pictures of us while we did our shoot. I thought it was flattering. Didn't know him, but sure, take my picture! It made me feel beautiful. :) Later when I fell in the water, he got a picture too and Snap Chatted it. I kind of wish someone had gotten that on tape, I would have loved to have a copy! 

Things I am Still Working On

Cynthia and I finished an amazing card box for the bridal shower and wedding! I may have told you about the beautiful Cinderella carriage card holder I got off of Etsy--paid a good amount for it and discovered after it arrived that it would hold a few, very small, cards. No where near the size and volume it would need to hold for a wedding! So I decided to make a back up box, which is looking like will be our main box, it turned out so well! It has Disney couples all around the sides and Josh and I on the top! Cynthia and I drew it and painted it, and it looks really great! I can't wait for everyone to see it! 

I am in the process of making the wedding favors--I don't want to say what they are, but the process takes a long time. I hope everyone loves them! 

I still need to buy a few things before the wedding! I am worried if I get them online, that they won't arrive in time! I still need to get a few cake supplies, the main things that we will be using for our unity ceremony, the Disney Wedding Music CD for the opening songs. 

I also need to choreograph a few things--this is a MUSICAL wedding, after all. I feel like I am running out of time to do all these things! I could use more than 21 days, or an assistant, or a choreographer... 

I'm sure we will figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment