Wednesday, August 3, 2016

August 3rd, 2016

So much continues to happen since I last posted! It's interesting, giving ourselves two years to plan this thing--it allows us to be more casual and laid back about it. Here are some updates!

Anniversary! 

Josh and I had our -1 anniversary on Friday! Some people were confused by this, let me explain. In one year (from July 29th, 2016), we will get married, making it our 0 anniversary. One year from that, we will have our 1 year anniversary, etc. That makes this, our -1 anniversary.  To celebrate (and also to celebrate the fact that I finally, after studying all summer, passed all of the tests I need to pass to be a middle school teacher!) we went out to this fabulous new pizza place we discovered, Nello's. Their pizza is as good as CPK!



It was there that I gave him the presents I had been saving for him for a special occasion! I had redeemed my "Well-Bucks" at work for a few things he might like... Ok, honestly, it was one thing I KNEW he would like (a Cuisinart pan), and two things that I thought might be useful to all of us (a sandwich maker, and an apple peeler). Him and Daniel got a good laugh out of it since they thought the presents were really bad.

I know I will probably get him something much nicer for one of our future anniversaries--we have so many!

September 5th, 2011: the day became boyfriend and girlfriend
October 5th, 2011: the day we met
August 28th, 2015: the day he proposed to me at Disney World
July 29th, 2017: the day (in the future) we get married

It's nice to have so many reasons to celebrate! It gives us more opportunities to get anniversary presents from restaurants for free.

Dresses

I finished Katelin's dress! Katelin is one of Josh's sisters. It's gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it! When she came down for the baby shower of Josh's other sister, Joelle, she tried it on, and loved it!! There were a few things I needed to fix, which I did surprisingly quickly! It's good to go now, and I'm so excited. I'm holding it for her till she visits again in December. 

I finished Nadine's dress. It's so gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it! I look forward to her trying it on. This dress will definitely be the hottest dress--which may be hard since we're getting married in July in Vegas, but hopefully it won't be too bad since we'll be inside most of the time. 

Nadia's is still waiting for the sewing to start, but it is cut. Susanna's is actually getting pretty close to being finished. I think we just need one more sewing day to be done! I'm very excited to finish hers. Mary and Michael are having theirs made, Julie's needs to be fixed, but other than that, is good, and we have to wait until after Joelle has the baby to figure out what we are going to do for her dress. 

Bridal Party

Josh finally asked the first of his guys--Daniel, my brother! It was really awesome, he took him out to a really awesome comic book store and asked him. I made these really awesome labels for him to use. 




He put the lables on these bottles of alcohol he's going to give some of his guys. He has a few guys he might do something different for, but I thought the idea was super cute. I told him--you can't just ASK, you have to give them a cute present too! (I did!) 

We asked my cousin, Stephen, and Josh's cousin, Sarah, to be our usher and usherette. We want them to dress in our colors, and to be included. 

 

We asked my little girl cousin, R., and are going to ask my step-brother, Darian, to read a passage during the ceremony, and to hand out bubbles at the reception. We also want them to dress in our colors and be included. 

We asked Josh's little cousins, Madison and AJ, to be our flower girl and ring bearer. These two will go along with our Disney theme, they're very excited!! 


East Coast Shower

My East Coast Bridal Shower that my mom is throwing me is next week! We go visit her a week from today--I'm so excited! 



I was really unsure what I would wear--first, I thought I would find something and a thrift shop, but when I was in the mood to shop for this, no one was able to go with me, so that never came to fruition. Then, I had the idea that I could just wear the white dress I used as a bridal gown for my April Fools Day pictures years ago, but that is in Josh's parent's rental storage place. It would probably be a bit of a pain to go find it. 

I finally decided to just make it. I thought I would make a knee length kind of version of the 2015 Cinderella (blue) dress. I thought it would come out as kind of a cute, tea dress kind of thing--I was wrong. It's VERY poofy, and VERY glittery. The guys HATE the glitter. They say it is all over the house. Daniel has taken to regularly showing me the glitter on his feet, and counting the large ones. 

Finishing  it made me kind of sad that I didn't make it full length. I put in so much work, and it's not even the full costume, however it's still very poofy. Not what I expected, but still pretty. I also looked up a video of how to do her hair from the movie--it's pretty easy. :) I'm excited to see what people think of it. I will post pictures of the shower when it happens.

Pictures

In May, Julie did our first photo shoot. I can't remember if I told you, but Josh and I are (were) doing pictures as all the Disney couples, as I made the costumes, and we were going to send out different save the dates to everyone featuring a different Disney couple. 

After our first shoot, Josh put his foot down. He said he is only going to do three more shoots. I really wanted to do all of them, but who knows, maybe we can do more down the line. I'm thinking I might be able to talk him into one Disney couple photo shoot a year....

Anyway, our next one is next week! I won't tell you who we're doing, but it's exciting! I found someone for at least our 3rd shoot, quite possibly our 4th, and he seems to want to do our wedding too, so who knows--maybe we found our wedding photographer? 

I am still working on Josh's outfits for the 3rd and 4th shoot. Josh needs to buy a belt and shoes for our shoot next week--I really hope he remembers to do that! 

Josh wants to get out our Save the Dates probably in October. We started collecting addresses and actually got quite a lot, so that's good! 


Anyway, I think that's a pretty great update for now! I will let you know as more exciting updates develop. :) 

<3 Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment