Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Best Laid Plans (Part 1)

The reason why this post is (Part 1) is because, with so many big events coming up, I would like to reserve the right to use this title again on a future post.

I'm finally in PA! The big east coast shower is tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED!!!

Today we were supposed to take round two of the engagement pictures. Before we did so, we had planned to go to a water park out here with mom during the day, pictures in the evening. It was planned to go smoothly, here is how it went.

We all get ready and head over to the water park. We buy our ticket and walk in. As we are walking through the gate, it starts to rain, and within minutes, before we even encounter any of the water park rides, a voice comes over the loud speakers advising everyone to leave the pools, and that they will re-open 30 minutes after the last lightening.

Well, we were not happy. We go straight back to the woman who sold us our tickets and requested a refund, since we were only going to be able to be there two hours anyway (before we have to go home and get ready for the engagement pictures), and they tell us we have to go to guest relations, but they don't think they do that.

We go to guest relations, and they say they can't do that. They call a manager over, who was very disconnected and just intent on telling us no, and that they plan to re-open the rides shortly anyway. We waited around for another hour and the rain did not let up, but only got worse. Josh, Daniel, and mom tried to make the best of it by talking and sharing stories, but I was rather upset. I felt bad because the water park was kind of my idea, and I shouldn't have even pushed it when it was looking like we could only be there two hours anyway.

They eventually acknowledged that it wasn't going to get better, and gave us passes to come back. Sadly, Daniel and Josh won't be able to make it again this trip, but mom and I might. I don't know yet, we'll see what happens.

We did go and pick up the princess cake for my shower instead, then we went home.

I spent several hours curling my hair and getting dolled up. The rain had stopped, and the forecast said it wasn't supposed to be raining when we scheduled the pictures for that evening.

We stopped at Sheetz on the way to the photo shoot location.

I love Sheetz. That place is like the Disney World of gas stations. I took this pic of Josh and I in the car--I thought it was a pretty good teaser of our upcoming pictures.

Well, we get to the location, and it starts to rain. The photographer takes one picture, and then it starts to pour. We are all hiding in what little bit of cover we can as we all proceed to get soaking wet. As we try to remain dry, we make plans with the photographer to meet tomorrow morning, early, and try for the pictures again.

All that time spent on my hair--wasted. I sure hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Yep. The best laid plans of mice and men........ Best part, we're together . ❤️

    ReplyDelete