Saturday, August 27, 2016

Another Wedding NIghtmare

This time, I think the setting was actually the venue that we got. The woman who manages the place was there.

The last time that we talked to her in real life, we asked about a dress rehearsal. She said that we didn't need one because she would be there and would tell everyone when it was their turn to walk down the aisle. I told her that since our wedding was a musical, with singing and dancing, it would be good if we had a dress rehearsal and she saw my point. She said that we could have one for an hour the day before, which is great and exactly what we needed.

In the dream, she was there telling the bridal party to "Go! Go! Go!" as if she were telling them to parachute off an airplane--like in the movies. It wasn't relaxing, it was very stressful.

So the bridal party is pretty much racing down the aisle.

Finally, I come out, and am crying because no only did no one do all the singing and dancing I had planned, but also, there was no photographer or videographer. No one was documenting our wedding--so it was going to be like it never happened. The whole thing was not at all what I had planned and wanted. I was so upset, I (again--I always do this in these dreams) tell everyone to go home, and we will try this again, another time. A THIRD TIME. In this dream, this was the second attempt at a wedding--probably a sequel to one of my other many wedding nightmares.

This dream is obviously playing off my insecurities. No, we haven't booked a photographer or videographer yet, but that's ok! We have time. The wedding is 11 months away now (as Nadine pointed out to me yesterday). We don't want to jump into hiring someone super expensive. We want to be as reasonable as we can, but still get what we want.

In regards to the singing and dancing, I've been thinking about that lately. I found karaoke versions of the songs, and I've been choreographing it in my mind (not on paper, but I have ideas!) I need to do that though, because the sooner I can, the sooner they all can start practicing, so that they can be ready when the time comes. It's hard since we are all in different places, so far away. :(

I am definitely going to try to get the guys to do a little singing and dancing too. It's not a ton--none of it is unmanageable for any of them! About one and a half songs is all I'm really asking. Josh says that he won't make his guys do anything they don't want to do, but I'm the bride. I feel like they will naturally just want to make me happy--or at least I hope that is the case.

Speaking of the guys--Josh is finally doing that! I am so glad. He really needed to get on that; it's only taken him over a year... he's doing it now though. And we are going to get all their headshots and bios for the wedding site! And we are going to have two more photo shoots! And by the end of September, our goal is to have all our Save the Date's out. :)

I also never told you about the dance classes! Josh and I have started taking dance classes at Fred Astaire Dance Studios. We have an instructor, Bo, who is super fun to work with! He has been teaching us waltz, swing, fox trot, and rumba, and we are getting pretty good! We just had our third lesson last Monday! I can't wait to go to my cousin Teresa, and my friend Nadine's weddings in November and show off our amazing dance moves!



So exciting that things are finally moving along!

No comments:

Post a Comment