Friday, June 17, 2016

Website, Registry, and . . . . Bridal Shower!

We did it! We finally set up the wedding website and registry! Granted, it's not done yet, but we have a really good start on it!

I kept waiting for several things to happen (Josh to ask his guys, everyone to get me their head shots and bios, our "Our Story" to be perfect), but none of those were happening. It's fine though, because of the other thing, which is . . .

A bridal shower!!! My mom wants to plan a bridal shower for me for her side of the family on the east coast, since we know many of them won't be able to attend the wedding, and  we had an engagement party with my family on my dad's side, and one with Josh's family, so this will be fun to have with her family.

We decided to have several events the week of the wedding, including a bridal shower then, and the bachelorette party, because everyone coming to the wedding (except for a select few), would be coming from out of state, and it would be easier on everyone to just make one trip, one time, instead of coming out multiple times for multiple events.

My sister, who will be planning that bridal shower and bachelorette party, will be out of the country for the next year, so it will probably also be easier for her if the events were all the same week as the wedding as well.

I am so excited for the shower my mom is going to throw me though! I have been finding a ton of stuff on Pinterest, and Etsy! I created a Pin wall (or whatever you call it, I'm not used to Pinterest) for the shower. So many great ideas and games--including Disney Princess games! I love it!

I found the outfit that I want Josh to wear at our wedding! He said he would be any prince I wanted... I had a few I was debating, but I think I know what I am going to do. :) The thing is, it will require embroidery, and while I sew, I have never embroidered! I'm either going to have to find someone who does, or find a place I can pay to do it. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Our wedding website is super cute! I currently have three of the bridal party's headshots and bios, so I put those on, and I am continuing to ask the others for theirs. I wrote these completely bogus fake bios for them, and I told them if they don't get me their real ones in a week, I'm going to post those, along with the ugliest picture I can find of them on their Facebooks.

I haven't posted our "Our Story" yet because I still think it might be just a bit too long, so I've asked several people to go over it before I post it.

We did start to set up our registry! For awhile, we were debating making a items registry, because people like to give presents at a bridal shower, so I asked Josh to go through and find items he felt we need (he does most of the cooking). He found a bunch of stuff, some of it looked really cool, but the whole time, I was thinking "Where are we going to put all this?" My mom ended up feeling that cash would just be best, since we would have to take all the presents back from PA, and we might not be able to fit it all in our luggage, so we registered on honeyfund.com. We also found this really cute wedding money poem that we like as well to go with it, so I'm excited! We do need to go through and add a few more things, like a bed.

Josh has had our bed for a very long time--long before we met. It has a large wooden frame that makes a lot of noise with sharp edges. I am constantly accidentally running into it and getting large green welts on my legs. It is very frustrating. I am eager for the day that we have a bed like my cousin's. Her bed is amazing--it's a king size bed and it sits right on the floor; just what I want!

We'll add a few more things, but primarily, we are saving for a house. I'm not sure what state I want to end up living in, but I do know that a house is a good thing to have, because you are investing in yourself and not a landlord. Hopefully, we will buy when the market is down, and it will only go up!

Well, that's the excitement I have to share with you lately!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment