Saturday, March 11, 2017

Flowers and Invites

Student teaching has been so busy! The good news is, I'm finally done with my one long paper I have to write for student teaching! I'm actually on the downhill part now, but I still have some classroom management skills I need to work on. At the end of the month, I'm going to a job fair at Flagstaff and the TARIAT (There's A Reason I'm A Teacher) conference, so we will see if that yields any jobs. I would really love to get a job at a middle school close to where we live, but we will see. :) 

Flowers

Last Saturday, Gage (one of our amazing groomsmen), Josh, and I finally sat down and put together the remaining bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. It was a lot of work, but I did enjoy doing it! I watched a YouTube video on how to create a cascading bouquet, but that used real flowers, and their technique didn't really work for me, so I tried something different, and I must say, it was pretty successful! My bouquet is HUGE and beautiful. I asked our friend Ben how much he thought it weighed and he said 50 lbs, so that's pretty awesome! I'm excited about that. I looked up pictures of Princess Diana's bouquet, and mine is even bigger than hers! Crazy. 



Here are some pictures of us putting together bouquets on flower day! It seriously took all day to do this, and this wasn't even the first time we worked on it! It was when we got it done though, so I'm excited for you guys to see the results! 

I swear, I am getting so much experience with everything regarding weddings! It makes me want to be a wedding planner/bridal gown designer/wedding bouquet-corsage-boutonniere maker/wedding cake maker/calligrapher/anything and everything to do with weddings doing person! I seriously think I could do all of these things, and would love doing it. 

Invites

We deliberated on which invites to get to best save money. We ultimately decided on purchasing several designs from an Etsy artist, then printing them ourselves. In the end, we didn't actually save money, but I am still exceedingly happy with the results, and Josh is too! Our invitations are BEAUTIFUL!!!! There are three different designs. I would have done all the Disney couples, but Josh was not a huge fan of some of them, and I let him pick his three favorites. They are very nice, and guests will all be receiving one of three different Disney couple themed invitations! 

Last night, we had an invite packing party--which was actually a lot more involved and a lot more work than I had imagined it would be... You have to stamp our return address on the back, then take an invite and RSVP card and put them in an addressed envelope, then put a stamp on it, then use the hot wax and press the seal in, then rub the silver on the seal. This activity took four people all evening (Daniel and Cynthia were helping!) 

I thought it was fun though, and today, I FINALLY MAILED THEM!!! It took us so long to actually get them out, I was worried we weren't going to give our guests enough time to RSVP! We are asking for RSVP's by mid April (that's what Josh wanted.) Ultimately, most of our guests should have a little over a month to RSVP, so I hope they do so! :) 



Here are a few pictures of the invite packing party! Things are really starting to move faster. It's a little scary! 

My sister, Julie, says that we should consider having a bouncer at our wedding because she says everyone she speaks to says they really want to go, and she can imagine people trying to come who weren't invited! That is a little nerve wracking. We are considering doing this to keep people from coming who weren't invited, because that's not cool. We are paying for this ourselves and weddings are expensive! Imagine if someone did that to you! It is causing us a bit of worry, but we will handle it. I'm sure it will be fine. :) 

It's Spring Break, so hoping to accomplish more wedding stuff this week! :) So much excitement, but I'll sign off for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment