Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Big Fat Stressful Wedding

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've started my student teaching and that has been pretty time consuming so far. I'm in a 7th grade social studies classroom and I really like it so far, but Friday was my first day teaching solo, with my observing teacher strictly observing me, and it was harder than anticipated. I also have this big paper that I've been working on that I have to do over the next few weeks that's also pretty heavy.

Anyway, that's not why I got on here to write! So much has been happening--it's actually a lot more stressful than I thought it all would be.

To start, I have switched out a Princess in Waiting. I have one friend who has become very busy with her own life and it kind of felt like we were drifting apart. It was hard to do, but I think it was the right choice, and less pressure. My brother Daniel's girlfriend, Cynthia, is going to be taking her place. This does mean that I need to make another dress, and get everything set up for her, but she's going to be helping, so that's good!

There's also all this unanticipated stress for other aspects. There are a lot of ways to offend people when having a wedding unfortunately.

I have come to realize that organizing a wedding is one of the most stressful things I think I will ever do in my life. Quite possibly, the most stressful.

We haven't even ordered our invitations yet! We need to get on that.

Josh and I have different opinions on a lot of things. It's been hard finding ways to compromise. We've been reading this book, "Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married," by Gary Chapman. We need to follow that, it has some great suggestions.

I've been trying to do Uber on the weekends sometimes to make a little extra money to help pay for the wedding, but after a long week of student teaching, sometimes I'm just not up for it.

I keep telling myself that I just need to get through this semester. I hope I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment