Tuesday, March 28, 2017

One Night In . . . . .

THAILAND!!!! 




Or should I say fourteen? With several nights in Bangkok. ;) 

Honestly, getting to this point was a challenge. Josh and I could not agree! I had really wanted to go to Europe, but my most important thing was to have a long honeymoon. I really wanted two weeks, but the lowest I would go was 10 days. 

Josh said we couldn't do that--he was looking at one week deals. We kept going on Groupon--we couldn't agree on any of them. None of them were a good enough deal for us, nor could we agree. Josh kept suggesting "7 Days in _____" and I would be like "Too short." 

I explained my dilemma to my sister, Julie (MOH), and she said "Why don't you guys try Thailand? I've heard it's super cheap to go there." So I started looking into it. I knew Josh had always wanted to go to Puckett (because of the way it's spelled... it looks like one of his favorite phrases...), so I wondered if this might work. I was willing to consider it because I really wanted to go to a place where I could make a music video to a song about a place (Worst Pies in London, What's New, Buenos Aries, etc.) This worked for me thanks to the song "One Night in Bangkok," from the musical Chess. I immediately started envisioning our music video. I got this idea thanks to the amazing music video to "Africa" that Kristen Bell and Dax Shephard made. 

I loved this video! I had several thoughts about it:
1. What a cute couple! I totally think these people are people Josh and I could totally be couple friends with if we ever met. They're so cool. 
2. It's a really amazing way to document your trip! 
3. I bet all their friends were jelly of their coolness. I know I was. 

After months and months of not agreeing on a honeymoon, Josh saving, and me finally feeling the pressure of running out of time, we sat down one night and decided to figure it out. Fortunately, Groupon had an incredible deal at the time for 14 days in Thailand! We also found a good one for Dublin, London, and Paris that we were considering. It came down to these two. Josh was willing to consider Europe, but when I told him that I could totally do "Worst Pies in London" and videotape myself chasing him around, trying to get him to eat a pie while we were site seeing, he was not interested. He said that our time in London would be too short and there's way too much to see to have any time to make music videos. I tried to make him see that my music video plans could be done during our site seeing, and it wouldn't interfere, but he was hard set against that. He said that he REALLY doesn't want to do a music video, and there is NO WAY he would do both the place I wanted to go (Europe) and my CrAzY mUsIc ViDeO idea. At least, if we went to Thailand, it would be going somewhere he always wanted to go, and he could deal with the music video, so that is what we decided on. It's official! We paid for it today! 

THAILAND, HERE WE COME!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment