Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27th, 2016 Update--Rings, Favors, Colors, and more.

So much has been going on lately! Mostly just a lot of little things that add up, but I might as well give you the 411 on everything!

Colors: 

Julie, my sister and POH (Princess of Honor) (AKA MOH), helped us finally decide our colors! My mom asked what the point of the colors was since I am having a Disney Princess wedding--there's a lot of points to having colors!
  • My bouquet
  • Table decorations (the venue decorates the tables)
  • The grooms-men's outfits (Josh says they don't have to dress as princes if they don't want to. I'm 50% OK with that because it would save me a lot of work, however part of me does wish this was going to happen.) 
  • The usher's and reader's outfits. 
  • Flower decorations.
  • ETC. (Covers all other things I'm not remembering at the moment.)
 I knew I wanted sapphire blue as one of the colors (since that's the color of my ring), and I had originally thought pink, but Josh wasn't crazy about that, so we were reconsidering the different colors we could pair with blue. We weren't hitting on anything that really stood out, and Julie suggested we just do blue and white. We talked about it, and neither of us really had a problem with that, so ok!

Rings:

I got Josh his ring! Wait till you see it! You can't see it, of course, because it's a surprise (and boy will you be surprised!) It was my idea, and he loves it! It really compliments us as a couple, however it doesn't exactly fit in with the general theme of the wedding.

Josh, Daniel (my brother), Cynthia (Daniel's gf), and I went to Universal Studio's Hollywood recently, and saw Harry Potter World! (It was amazing! Daniel and I both almost cried after riding the one really good ride.) While there, I got down on one knee and fake proposed to Josh. It didn't gather a crowd, but that's ok, because I was nervous anyway. (Now I know [a little of] what guys go through when they do that! I admire you all! Your bravery! Good job! lol) Daniel and Cynthia took pictures and video (I'll try to post later). It was funny and dorky, which was kind of the whole point. We're for real engaged anyway; it was just a fun way to tell him that I got his ring in the mail. The only trouble now--he wants to wear it! I told him no, not until the wedding because it wouldn't be special, however he has tried it on a few times.

Even though we went and looked at some wedding rings for me, none really stood out as "the one". No real updates on that front as of yet.

Favors:

I found some really cute favors that I really liked, but Julie thought they might not hold enough candy, so we are waiting on that (besides--we have time! Only 14 months till the wedding!)

Dresses:

I've been sewing like crazy working on dresses (for the Princesses in Waiting AKA Bridesmaids), and for myself, for pictures. Four of the PIW dresses are currently in progress, which is really exciting!


There is so much we need to do to get the ball rolling! Josh still needs to ask his guys, we still need to set up a wedding site, and the honeyfund account for our registry.

We finally decided partly on where we're going for our honeymoon! Italy! And somewhere else. Possibly Spain? I want to go for two weeks: one in Italy, and the other in another country! I've only ever been to Mexico (for a day, on a cruise with Julie), so I'm dying to see the world! Josh is well traveled, so he's been a lot of places already.

I keep having wedding-related dreams/nightmares. Most of them revolve around the idea that suddenly, I'm getting married RIGHT NOW (not in 14 months), and something, or several things, aren't ready. I scramble to try to get them ready, and ultimately, just end up going into the crowd of people waiting for me to walk down the aisle and telling them to scrap it all, go home, and we'll try again at a later date. It's nice that I have that kind of power in my dreams. In reality, if I tried that, I think that at least a few people would want to kill me. Hopefully, everything will be right when I do finally get married and I won't feel the urge to tell everyone to forget it, we'll try again another time.

One of the most recent dreams of this sort was that suddenly, it's the wedding and two major things were wrong:
1. I realized I hadn't requested the next two weeks off work for my honeymoon.
2. I realized that I didn't have a hair and makeup person to do my hair and makeup for the wedding.

I raced around to a bunch of different malls, trying to find someone and not succeeding. I finally show up at the wedding, walk into the ceremony and tell everyone that it's not going to work out this time, and that we will try again at a later date.

It's not always these two things that are the problem--it's always a variety of problems, but the same basic plot outline in the dream. These dreams aren't super frequent, but they happen sometimes. It's not that I'm insecure in my relationship with Josh, or that we're getting married, but I'm not sure why I'm having these dreams... maybe I fear everything not being perfect. That's probably it. Although in reality, I don't think I'm rude enough to call off an entire wedding because some small aspect isn't perfect. I know everything won't be exactly perfect that day, but because it's my day, it will be perfect. :)

Well, TTFN!

1 comment: